Per default MacFamilyTree creates backups of the database when it is migrated to a new database version. This can be the case when a new version introduces new features.
If there have been errors during the migration to a new database version, we might ask you to send us the version of the database before the migration from the backups folder. This is how to navigate to the backups folder in the Finder.
1. Open the "Go to Folder" menu
- Open the Finder.
- Go to the top menu bar and select "Go" -> "Go to Folder"
2. Enter the location of the MacFamilyTree backup folder
- Copy the following path with CMD (⌘) + C. Make sure to copy the complete path including the tilde character.
- Paste the path into the "Go to Folder" input field with CMD (⌘) + V and click "Go".
3. Send us the file
- Select your tree and copy the .mftpkg file to your Desktop folder
- Visit our support form on http://www.syniumsoftware.com/en/support/contact.html and attach the .mftpkg file as attachment.