What are Kékulé numbers? I saw them in the menu and don't know what to do with them.
Kékulé numbers are explained in great detail on this website:
In MacFamilyTree, you can use them to group close relatives in the persons overview list, for example.
- In the left-hand column, click Edit, then Persons
- The overview list will open
- Right-click (ctrl-click) the person you'd like to see the close relatives of
- Choose "Calculate Kekulé-Numbers" from the context menu
- Click the coggwheel button in the bottom right corner
- An Options window will open
- Make sure that "Show column for Kekulé Number" is activated
- Back in the overview list, click Kekulé in the head row
- That field will be highlighted blue and the overview list will be sorted by Kekulé numbers