Is it possible to merge a branch of a tree with another database?
For this purpose you first have to export that part of your tree that you want to merge as a GEDCOM file and then merge this GEDCOM file with the target database.
- Open your source tree and select the menu entry "Selective GEDCOM export…" in the "Special" menu on the top menu bar.
- Double click on an entry in the "Available Persons" list, to select a person for export. Connected relatives can also be exported, by selecting an export filter in the "Related Persons" column (e.g "Export Persons and all Descendants").
- Click on "Export" and save the GEDCOM file.
- Open the target database. Select the menu entry "Merge GEDCOM File with current Tree…" in the "Special" menu and select your previously exported GEDCOM file.
- MacFamilyTree will now perform a duplicate search, displaying the calculated probability of potential duplicates for each person. Select the duplicates in the comparison list and click "Merge" to merge existing duplicates. Click "Close", if there are no duplicates to be merged.
More general information is available in the User Guide. You can find it in MacFamilyTree's Help Menu or for download here.