How do I send crash logs?
Crash logs give us a different perspective on what happened when an application crashed. If we ask you to send us crash logs, please:
- Open Finder and browse to:
"Your User Folder"(house icon) - Library - Logs
(If you use Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 please see comment below)
- Look in both the CrashReporter folder, as well as the DiagnosticReports folder (depends on which version of Mac OS X you use)
- Find the most recent files whose names start with our application's name and drag them into an e-mail.
- Describe what were the last things you did right before the crash occurred (e.g. opened a specific menu)
- Send that mail to us
In Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8 the Library folder is not displayed in the Finder anymore. To navigate to the Logs folder please follow these steps:
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Menu Bar and open the "Go" menu.
- Select the entry: "Go to Folder..."
- Enter the path of the Logs Folder: