I don't know the exact date of an event. How can I enter estimate dates?
If no exact date is available, please use whatever information you have, even estimated dates. The key words in bold print and capital letters are required for MacFamilyTree to recognize these entries as dates:
- Approximate year (e.g. ABT 1890)
- Before a certain date (e.g. BEF 1891)
- After a certain date (z.B. AFT 1889)
- Between two points in time (z.B. BET 1889 AND 1892)
- Enter just the month and year
- Enter just the year
More information is available in the User Guide. You can find it in MacFamilyTree's Help Menu or for download
This is the document to read if you're looking for a hand book or a manual.