I purchased MacFamilyTree 5. How does the discounted upgrade work?
First thing to check: if you purchased MacFamilyTree 5 after April 20, 2010, you're entitled to a free upgrade serial number. Please check yours - if it starts with SYN-MFTR, then you already have a valid MacFamilyTree 6 serial. Start with step step 4 below then. If you have a serial starting with MFT, please contact our support team and send us a proof of purchase. Boxed versions as well as online purchases are entitled to the free upgrade as long as you purchased after April 20, 2010.
If you purchased before April 20, 2010, this is how you can buy a discounted upgrade license.
- Please open our online store by clicking the Store link in our website's left-hand navigation.
- In that store, purchase the MacFamilyTree 6 Update.
- You'll receive an upgrade serial number from our distributor, esellerate.net
- Download and install MacFamilyTree 6 from our website
- Launch MacFamilyTree 6
- The registration dialog will open.
- Enter your newly purchased upgrade serial number including the capital letters and all the hyphens
The process of entering the serial numbers is also demonstrated in this video:
All customers who purchased previous versions of MacFamilyTree are entitled to the discounted upgrade. If your serial isn't accepted, please contact support and send us a proof of purchase.
More information is available in the User Guide. You can find it in MacFamilyTree's Help Menu or for download here.