How do I send crash logs?
Crash logs give us a different perspective on what happened when an application crashed. If we ask you to send us crash logs, please:
- Open Finder and browse to:
"Your User Folder"(house icon) - Library - Logs
(If you use Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 please see comment below)
- Look in both the CrashReporter folder, as well as the DiagnosticReports folder (depends on which version of Mac OS X you use)
- Find the most recent files whose names start with our application's name and drag them into an e-mail.
- Describe what were the last things you did right before the crash occurred (e.g. opened a specific menu)
- Send that mail to us
Since Mac OS X 10.7 the Library folder is not displayed in the Finder anymore. To navigate to the Logs folder please follow these steps:
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Menu Bar and open the "Go" menu.
- Select the entry: "Go to Folder..."
- Enter the path of the Logs Folder: